Periods do not have to cause pain, yet we believe, as women, that this is a natural process- and the only solution is Midol and synthetic birth control? Not true! The truth is there are steps we can take to improve our hormonal balance and stop the suffering.
If we find ways to reduce inflammation and balance estrogen and progesterone ratios we can mend these painful patterns and reclaim our hormones! Let’s start with reducing inflammation. Changing these patterns begins of course with correcting our diets, as often is the case when we fight dis-ease. An anti-inflammatory diet should be the pillar of our anti-suffering period plan. Eating foods rich in antioxidants like brightly colored fruits and vegetables, and aiming for a goal of 6 to 9 servings per day can help us boost our antioxidants big time. Also, avoiding unhealthy fats and instead of eating foods rich in Omega3 fatty acids and fiber help us further our anti-inflammatory diet. Foods to eat more of, particularly in the first half of your menstrual cycle include:
- NUTS/SEEDS88% OR HIGHER
- DARK CHOCOLATE
- CHIA SEEDS
- BROCCOLI/CAULIFLOWER/KALE/BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- FLAX SEED- ORGANIC AND FRESHLY GROUND/WALNUTS/SALMON/CHIA SEED
Next, consider supplementing with an anti-inflammatory nutrient like those listed below, which can help fight inflammation and relax smooth muscles!
- OMEGA 3: LOOK FOR 1 GRAM PER SERVING OF EPA AND DHA; CONSIDER TAKING 1-2 GRAMS TOTAL PER DAY; OR FLAX AT DOSE OF 3-4 GRAMS PER DAY, GROUND SEED
- PYCNOGENOL/PINE BARK EXTRACT 60MG/DAY
- TURMERIC, RECOMMEND BRANDED FORMULATIONS LIKE MERIVA-BETTER ABSORPTION- 400-1800 MG/DAY
- MAGNESIUM 400-800 MG/DAY
For further guidance, check out this video and all of the hormone balancing videos on the channel and the other blogs on our site. Wishing you a calm and happy uterus!